If there's an industry with low tolerance for power outages or unstable power, it's healthcare. Minor power fluctuations can disrupt the sensitive voltage requirements for efficacious magnetic resonance in MRIs, CT scanners, and other equipment with similar makeup. Extended interruptions may need advanced logistical responses, even though immediate inconveniences and safety issues are not considered.
A power outage can jeopardize patient safety and care while adversely impact medical activities in various ways, including but not limited to:
- loss of HVAC system that greatly relies on power
- loss of critical life support equipment in Intensive Care Units
- loss of lighting in the entire facility especially during critical surgery operations
- unable to sterilize medical and surgical tools
- unable to run diagnostic equipment
- unable to access computerized patient records and files
- refrigerated medicines may spoil or expire
- unable to operate patient monitoring devices
- unable to utilize the elevator when transporting patients
With the aforementioned issues brought about by power loss, the need for rental generators is self-evident. If you are managing health care unit, it is smart to include rental power as part of your continuity of operations plan. We can help you build that. Contact American Power Rental, we can help your with your emergency power needs.